anywhere i would have followed you
Hello darlings...I'm the girl who's waiting for an adventure to come knocking at my door (in the form of the Doctor or Castiel would be preferred). Mainly a Supernatural (tho I'm trying to cut back now) and Destiel blog. Will be posting lots of other things I love including Doctor Who, Night Vale, Elementary, all the musicals, and Game of Thrones.
… reasons not needed
is there anyone in the west virginia area that would be willing to take in a young LGBT kid getting away from an abusive home for a few days while the legal shit gets worked out
please i really really really need help even if its just a signal boost this is me fucking begging ple ase
I leave Tumblr for half a day and then find Hong Kong all over my dash.
All I have to say is
- I am very suspicious of people saying “stop a second Tiananmen Square Massacre happening” because wow way to conflate the two and ignore the different factors in each. Not to mention people love holding up the Tiananmen Square Protests as a “students’ fight for democracy against communism” and that’s just so overly-simplistic? And then they use this as a reason to “help fight democracy by getting the US gov involved” and it’s like NOOOOOO do you understand what you’re doing, you’re just making things worse STOP STOP ABORT
- On that note, don’t sign the whitehouse petition. Again, no US intervention wanted nope.
- PLEASE don’t compare this to Ferguson. Repeat- don’t compare this to Ferguson. Ferguson has a different situation that is centered around anti-blackness and black genocide in the US, for gods sake don’t compare it to what’s happening in Hong Kong
- What’s happening in Hong Kong is serious, no doubt about that, and yes we should support the protestors there. But NOT in a way that misrepresents the issue and helps foster US imperialism.
Tumblr Loves Halloween
Protesters are angry about these strange negotiations to release protesters. What kind of practice is this?
"So many of us choose our path out of fear disguised as practicality"
This is great advice, and a great inspiration.
PLEASE SPREAD THIS LIKE WILD FIRE
Shit happened to Ferguson is happening in Hong Kong right now!
Students were just protesting peacefully for genuine democracy around Admiralty and Central, yet the police forced used pepper spray, tear gas and violence to disperse the crowd. According to the protesters, the police even raided a first aid booth with pepper spray.
Sign the White House Petition
Join Overseas Events
Link to a better article explaining what’s going on.
Another accessible article I found linked on another post on this topic in case you want to learn more about the context of the event
please stop saying in the flesh tackles racism. it literally doesn’t it’s the hugest flaw in the show there is one major person of colour and she’s the season two antagonist so like. stop that.
in the flesh tackles mental illness and various forms of discrimination but the thing they have not touched at all is racism. it has never addressed racism ever.
amusingmanyourfather replied to your post: hello friends consider this my officia…
respect. Can i ask what did it for you?
- I am sick of the exact same rehashed plotlines. What’s wrong with Sam/ Dean lies to Sam for Sam’s own good/ Dean hates himself/ Sam is a freak who doesn’t fit in/ the boys can’t have a lovelife because everyone ends up dead/ Cas can’t stay with them because he has to go fight his own battles, repeat ad infinitum
- Charlie annoyed and irritated me. I loved her in her first few episodes, but by the time Slumber Party showed up, every single word out of her mouth was either a fandom reference or a reminder that she’s gay. Like, is that what Supernatural think gay people/ fangirls are like? Like they just walk up and say ‘HELLO, or SHACHA as they would say in Vulcan which I am learning right now! Did I mention I am homosexual today?’
- and then they WROTE HER COMPLETELY OUT OF THE STORYLINE BY COMBINING BEING GAY AND BEING A FANGIRL
- LITERALLY WHAT
- Supernatural is actually pretty good at featuring a diverse range of women. Jo, Ellen, Jess, Mrs Chan and Anna are all undoubtedly different.
- BUT, in writing that list, I actually found myself struggling. ‘Badass lady who kicks ass and talks rough and doesn’t take shit’ could mean Anna (post-angeling), Ellen, Pamela, Jody, Meg, Ruby…
- like seriously
- women can be weak??? women can be weak and still be strong characters
- *hands everybody a book called ‘Sansa Stark: Writing Complex Female Characters 101’*
- plus all the women tend to die really quickly because the boys can’t have love interests and women are either love interests or enemies (or sometimes both) so
- this was WAY BETTER in the earlier seasons by the way
- like ellen had about three seasons and her death made sense
- it wasn’t like ‘A WOMAN!’ *kills her*
- Look, there’s a point at which killing off characters stops having an emotional/ plot-driven reason and just becomes ‘hey, this sounds fun!’. I felt something when Ruby died. Same for Ellen and Jo. Same for John Winchester. Same for Gabriel.
- Benny died because??? gotta save sammy from purgatory somehow??? Kevin died because… I don’t know, I’m sure there was a reason. Is Mrs Tran even dead? Bobby’s died more times than I’ve taken a shit.
- on which note, stop. killing. characters. and. bringing. them. back
- we don’t need or want bobby #2313
- bobby: the ghost! or bobby: the hallucination!
- something I wrote a while back: ‘Benny and Kevin died because the writers wanted another reason to make Dean feel bad/guilty, and Meg died because they wanted a reason for Cas to feel bad/guilty. This show does not write characters anymore, it writes people-shaped objects for the main characters to react to. ‘
- and sam just isn’t allowed any friends because sam’s position is to be overly reliant on dean/ an asshole making dean feel bad and ultimately to suFFER
- 'dean can be the king of hell!' OH YEAH IT'S NOT LIKE ANY WINCHESTER EVER DRANK DEMON BLOOD OR WAS HALF-DEMON OR WAS LUCIFER'S TRUE VESSEL OR WOULD HAVE BEEN THE NATURAL CHOICE FOR A RULER OF HELL IN ANY WAY HAHAHA NO SIREE
- the word ‘deanmon’ causes me ulcers
- the entire ‘ask supernatural!’ debacle
- please stop letting jensen ackles do interviews
- queerbaiting. QUEERBAITING. Their solution to Season QueerEight seems to have been to completely remove all of Dean and Cas’ interactions and have people talk about how little Cas means to Dean.
- that was not what we were asking for
- SERIOUSLY WHERE IS CAS
- CAN CAS HAVE ONE GOOD STORYLINE
- Human!Cas: he has sex!!! He needs to pee!!! He works in a store!!! okay that’s it
- what do you mean there’s more to the human experience than that
- I’d also like to point out that when Sam lost his soul, he had more sex. When Cas became a human (and presumably somehow GAINED a soul), he had more sex. When Sam was regularly drinking demon blood, he had more sex. When Dean became a demon, apparently he, too, had more sex. wow
- this show’s motto should probably be “what’s a bisexual”
- alternatively, “we have nothing against bisexuals, we just don’t think any of our characters ARE bi. it’s just not them”
- if charlie is anything to go by their ‘bi’ character would be like jack harkness on steroids who had two sex scenes per episode
- again from something I wrote before: ‘I loved Cas in S4 and S5, I liked him in S6, I didn’t know what the fuck they were doing with him in S7, I went off him in S8, and in S9 I don’t even recognise him as the same character. We make text posts saying things like ‘Please don’t forget that Cas is an ancient warrior who’s been around for millennia; he is fully capable of fighting without his powers’, but it appears the WRITERS FORGOT THAT TOO. ‘
- 'you can just bribe a reaper to get into hell'
- the entirety of season three and four are now invalid
- 'an angel fought for FORTY YEARS to get you out'
- 'well why didn't he just use the backdoor? is cas slow or something?'
- it’s ridiculous and rewriting canon like this is literally like sculpting a perfect garden and then going over it with a streamroller so you can build a flat on it
- AND THEN CALLING IT THE SAME GARDEN
- 'reapers are angels!' shut up and go away
- where is adam
- where is jesse
- where is jimmy novak
- where are the Leviathans? did they just go ‘ahhh whatevs’ and take up careers in japanese cookery or something?
- i could literally continue this list for several hours
- also like this entire tag
in short, what was once ‘an entertaining show with a bunch of flaws’ is now ‘a bunch of flaws with a few ad breaks between the flaws so that it seems to be some kind of ‘television show” and ain’t nobody got time for that
My city is in chaos.
This is what’s happening to Hong Kong right this minute.
It is difficult for me to put into words, but simply put, University students started a class boycott movement demanding democracy and universal suffrage from the Hong Kong and Chinese Government this week, and the movement has escalated into citizens occupying Government Square and now, a main road leading into Hong Kong’s central hub.
Most protesters are younger generation Hong Kongers, including university students and even secondary school students. The leader of the student movement himself is barely even old enough to drive a car.
The movement began peacefully with citizens merely sitting quietly and occupying a public space in a silent protest on Friday night.
Then at 7:00 in the morning the next day, policemen stormed into the public square and began clearing out the area by force, dragging youngsters out violently, injuring many of them. Policemen have also been witnessed to beating youngsters without reason, and using high-concentration, anti-riot pepperspray on civilians who are merely attempting to protect themselves. No civilian put up any sort of fight or attempt at assaulting the police as far as i know,
(Police justified clearing out the area with the reason that protesters are holding illegal meetings in a public space.)
(Protesting civilians who remained on the streets overnight are wearing plastic wraps and raincoats under 30 degree weather in an attempt to protect themselves should the police utilize peppersprays again.)
The movement escalated again tonight when the protesters (now 4 times the size of the student movement the previous week) occupied a main road leading to the central hub of Hong Kong.
The police barricaded the roads and attempted to stop more people from joining the crowd this whole afternoon, but the peaceful crowd remained persistent and would not leave the area even after the police issued verbal warnings. (I emphasize “peaceful”, because protesters continued to be orderly and did not display any forms of aggression. They even cleared out a path for cars to pass the area, something the police didn’t even bother to do.)
At around 6:00, the police began using peppersprays on civilians again, this time high-powered ones that came in tanks instead of in bottles. Our people continued to shield themselves with umbrellas, but the umbrellas were also soon snatched away by the police. Live feed videos have also confirmed that police have been misusing peppersprays by firing them at close proximity, and also not giving any sort of verbal warnings before firing.
Video of a policeman firing at an elderly man at point-blank range:
Yet again, protesters remained, and at 7:00, armed forces were sent into the crowd. They began firing tear gas capsules INTO the crowds and even INTO First-aid stations. The rounds came every few minutes and i counted at least 5 capsules being fired in a 10-minute period according to the live feeds.
at least 30,000 people continue to stand their ground right this second, more armed policemen are being sent in, and news is that these police are ordered to use guns (loaded with plastic bullets) on civilians if protesters continue to remain.
I fear for the people because policemen are not what they used to be anymore. These “police” who should be protecting us are now private armies for the government. I am watching my city die. It’s a terrifying feeling. If the police feel they are justified to use force on innocent civilians, tonight could end up in another massacre just like that of the Tian An Men June Fourth Massacre in 1989.
And at this point I am too emotional to say anything else except that we need your prayers and your support. Please spread this out, people all over the world need to see what is happening right now.
LIVE FEED OF THE CURRENT SITUATION:
Here’s that single live feed from Apple Daily TV if you want only a stream without multiple platforms going on at the same time for the time being. Apologies for having no english subtitles but hopefully it’s not hard to get what’s happening:
Wait, is this…? I had never noticed this
realisation of Steve not needing his help anymore
was this really necessary
It’s also Bucky being more than a little upset that they turned his gentle, harmless friend—who Bucky wanted to PROTECT from the horrors of war—into a fighting machine.
was that really necessary
BOYS AND GIRLS OF EVERY AGE
[SMASHES THROUGH YOUR WINDOW]
WOULDN’T YOU LIKE TO SEE SOMETHING STRANGE
[PUNCHES A WALL]
COME WITH US AND YOU WILL SEE
[BREAKS ALL OF YOUR ANTIQUE PHOTOS]
THIS OUR TOWN OF HALLOWEEN